Collaboration is the amalgamation of IT assets where servers, networks, and storage layers all work together in a single computing package. Collaboration of these assets creates a Converged Infrastructure (CI) and provides seamless support, service, and maintenance through one provider, enabling your business to be more productive while reducing capital costs.
“Optimize the abilities and productivity of your employees”
JKS provides tailored Infrastructure, Collaboration, Security, Data Solutions, and Professional Services (including: cloud, data, security, fiber optic and structured cabling, A/V, PA, VoIP, wireless, virtualization, backup, disaster recovery, office security, CCTV, and more) to allow solid collaboration for your business. Optimizing your IT infrastructure, in turn, optimizes the abilities and productivity of your employees by enabling faster decision-making and preventing downtime of IT assets.
Companies using older, traditional IT systems can face multiple problems:
- Multiple IT Employees: Older systems are fragmented and highly complex creating the need for large IT departments to maintain them. Companies without a CI generally require multiple IT employees and ongoing training to maintain these systems. The space needed to house the cabling and equipment can be exorbitant, costing companies extra money.
- Complex Process: Traditional systems are rigid and adding new services or expanding systems could be very costly. Adding or upgrading services can be a complex process and may require companies to contract these services to outside agencies, reducing the effectiveness of their IT department.
- High Costs: Communications tools and services such as internet, email, phones, video conferencing, and application sharing are often provided by different vendors and some services overlap, causing businesses to pay for the same services several times.
A Converged Infrastructure bundles and integrates these services and offers the following benefits:
- Greater flexibility and scalability: You can easily add to, move, or expand, and upgrade services.
- Easier deployment and maintenance: The new systems can be easily installed, maintained, and supported by one vendor.
- Lower cost: Using a CI reduces the need for dedicated, single-use components as well as the number of components needed, which, in turn, reduces the amount of space needed to house the components. This results in better utilization of the resources at a lower operating cost. Companies can prevent purchasing overlapping equipment and services and only pay for the ones needed. The initial investment in hardware is significantly lower since there are fewer components to buy.
- Easier troubleshooting: Any issues can be quickly identified and corrected since all systems are integrated. This results in decreased downtime, which increases productivity.
- Simplified IT management: Because the structure is centralized, managing the system is much more streamlined. It reduces the need for extra personnel, training, and knowledge to maintain the system.
- Higher network speed: Using common components provides much faster network speed.
- Asset allocation: CIs allow for increased automation and can more easily allocate system resources to critical applications.
New technology and features evolve very rapidly, and the ability to keep up with new trends is imperative. Contemporary businesses must stay on the cusp of technology to be able to remain in competition for new customers as well as retain current customers.
JKS can help you design and implement a CI specific to your needs.